THE GOD OF BREAKTHROUGH: A MESSAGE PREACHED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
What is a breakthrough?
A breakthrough is like reaching water level after spending days digging a well. When you break through to water, you will have enough water to drink, enough to bath and even if you like, enough water to sell. When this happens to you, people will say you have had a breakthrough.
There are categories of breakthroughs. Some people may be digging for water while some are digging for oil. The one who is digging for oil knows that to get oil you dig deeper than water and so when he gets to water, he would drain out the water and keep on digging. While digging for oil, he will be dirtier than everybody. He will spend a lot of money and put in a lot of effort. Nevertheless, the moment he gets to oil, all those who had been watching him while he was laboring will begin to pay him before they can get petrol for their cars. They will pay him before they can get kerosene for their lamps and coal tar for their roads.
There is a third category of breakthrough. If someone is surrounded by an army and there is no way he could go out beyond a certain limit, and one way or the other, he manages to fight his way through that encircling army, then you will say he has a breakthrough. David said in Psalm 18:28-29:
“For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.”
In 2 Kings 7, when the Syrian army surrounded Samaria, the children of Israel in Samaria had at least seven breakthroughs in one day.
- The children of Israel in Samaria at that time, because they were surrounded by this mighty army, were poor. They were poor because they could not trade and they could not go to the farm. Poverty is a great enemy. Some people think that poverty is to be tolerated. I used to think so too until I read Proverbs 10:15:
“The rich man’s wealth is his strong city: the destruction of the poor is their poverty.”
This means poverty is a destroyer and anybody who wants to tolerate a destroyer must be mad. The plan of the Almighty God for us in Deuteronomy 28:12 is that we are to lend to nations. Poverty can destroy one mentally and physically. There are certain sicknesses and diseases that can be found only among the poor.
- The children of Israel in Samaria were afraid. Fear is a great enemy. 1 John 4:18:
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
Fear is a tormentor. The Almighty God made a promise in Isaiah 41:10-14:
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against
thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.”
- The people in Samaria were in bondage. They were in bondage because they were fighting an enemy that was there and yet not there. The enemy was out beyond where they could even see them and yet inside the city, the enemy was not really there. Isaiah 61:1-3 says:
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.”
- As long as that army surrounded Samaria, the children of Israel inside were very lonely people. Throughout the period of the siege, not a single marriage was conducted. When there was no food to eat, who was going to think of marriage? There were a lot of young men and women but not a single marriage was conducted. There are many of us in this kind of situation now.
A lot of beautiful girls, highly qualified, with no blemish at all have no husbands. You can not find any humanly possible reason why they have not got husbands. Maybe there is a circle that the enemy has woven round such people. There are some brothers more than forty years old, highly qualified, handsome, yet no wife. If you are in bondage the Lord will set you free. There are other people who are even married who are lonely. This is the worst kind of loneliness.
- The men who were surrounded by the Syrian army were frustrated. They were frustrated because they were fighting an army that was too strong for them. There are some of us who are fighting battles that we know unless God intervenes, we cannot win. The word of the Almighty God says that even lawful captives shall be set free.
- These people in Samaria were not dead, but they were not really alive. They were dying gradually. There are many of us who are like that. We are not dead but we are not alive. Jesus Christ said in John 10:10, that He came that you can have life and have it more abundantly. In other words, the Almighty God is saying you are to live in supernatural abundance. God expects you to vibrate with energy and strength. He does not want you to manage to exist.
One of the reasons why we have not been able to win many people for Christ is because of the way we have presented the Gospel to them. We present it as if once you give your life to Jesus Christ, you must now begin to manage. This is not true. God wants us to enjoy.
- They were sad. Sorrow can be a killer. If the can get you depressed, he has won the battle. The Bible says that it is sorrow that breaks the spirit. IN fact, it goes on to say that sorrow burns the bone. Proverbs- 12:25 says sorrow makes a man stoop.
There are many of us who are sad but on the surface we pretend. Some of us have problems that we cannot even tell our Pastors about, no matter how close to us the Pastors may be. Many of us have problems we cannot share that we are covering with beautiful clothes. Joy is coming your way, in Jesus’ Name.
# PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE MESSAGES
ALSO, READ HE HAD COMPASSION ON THEM
Is Masturbation A Sin? What Does The Bible Says About Masturbation
The world is facing a lot of problems today, problems that seem unsolvable. But some of these problems also look absurd, both to the eyes and to the ears.
One of these problems is Masturbation.
What is masturbation?
Masturbation, or self-pleasuring, is touching and rubbing parts of your body for sexual pleasure.
Basically, masturbation is just about self-pleasure for sexual purposes.
So, the main question now is….is Is it wrong or right?
ALSO, READ How to control your sexual urges
Is masturbation a sin?
Before looking at the biblical aspect of this, let’s see this logically.
- If masturbating was just to relieve sexual urges, then why have sex….when you can do it yourself?
- If sex is available why do you do it yourself when you can have someone do it for you?
You might not be able to answer those questions without thinking deeply.
So, is it right or wrong? …. Before you continue reading ponder on those questions, then state your views in the comment zone
Now let’s get to the main question
Is masturbation a sin?
Since this question is bible related, let’s see what the bible says about masturbation.
Now the bible did not outrightly speak about masturbation, but the bible did speak on something that covers it….
What does the Bible says about masturbation
1Thess.4.3 – For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Thess.4.4 – That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor;
- Now, look closely, the bible said abstain, and also referred to Masturbation as Fornication.
Let’s see another part of the bible
Col.3.5 – Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
- Here the bible talks about it as idolatry!
1Cor.6.18 – Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
- Now the bible see it as a sin against your own body
This clearly states that masturbation is a sin. The bible also refers to it as “Works of the flesh” (Galatians 5:19).
Generally, the works of the flesh can be seen as tools of the devil, so basically Masturbation is a tool of the devil. This is one of the things the devil uses to draw people to himself and still give you reasons why it is right for you to do it. This is why people see it as a norm and make them come to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong. But looking at it closely, both logically and spiritually, it does not make any sense.
Now, what is the real meaning of masturbation?
Before getting to the meaning, let’s see a few facts to this, just to prove that this is a sin and one should abstain from it.
- Masturbation causes depression, loneliness, and lowliness: This is mainly because one can’t come out with it, it’s not something the society approves. So one just finds solace in Masturbation, even though one Is tired of doing it, coming out with it would be quite hard because of the stigmatization one might face, therefore, making one think nobody understands him and he becomes sad. Biblically, this is seen as slavery (John 8:34)
- Masturbation has the tendency to Man whore…such as male prostitutes, pedophiles, rapists, etc. A good example could be seen In 2 Samuel vs 13. Amnon had always wanted to take his sister to bed, so he devised a plan, just because he couldn’t control his sexual urge he was known as a rapist!
- Most people would always advise that frequent socializing would help get rid of masturbation….Lol, that’s just part of the solution process, if something is done in private then it must end in private, so if masturbating is done in private it must end in private. This can be done by daily reading and meditating on the word of God….in private!
- As earlier stated, Masturbation is a tool of the devil, that he uses to draw people to himself so they would not make heaven.
Now with these few facts what is masturbation?
Masturbation is a spirit that enters into the body through the emotions as a feeling of sexual urge (i.e, when one is “h0rny”) that you can’t resist, making one to sexually pleasure yourself. Basically, masturbation is a spirit
In conclusion, Yes, masturbation is a sin. You don’t just sin against God but you also sin against yourself. Masturbation reduces your self worth, your dignity and makes you look completely worthless in the sight of God. The bible refers to it as “works of the flesh” (Fornication, Idolatry). Your body is God’s temple. Don’t buy and sell in it!
200+ Christian Quotes That Will Inspire and Encourage Your Faith
Christian Quotes That Will Inspire and Encourage Your Faith
here’s a list of Christian quotes to inspire your everyday living and also encourage your faith. one way or the other, we need something to encourage or boost our Christian lives because the race is not an easy one. That you’re still standing in faith is simply because of the grace of God.
1.Except you are money, you can please everyone. So stop trying. If you really want to please everyone, go and make money and learn to be generous, because:
“Every person is a friend to one who gives gifts”-Proverbs 19:6
Money makes breaks the ice
2.The reason David was a man after God’s heart is that money and power did not change him. The way he danced for God as a shepherd is the way he danced for God as king (2 Sam 6:16). But some ‘humble’ people become tyrants when they hit pay dirt
3.Saul was so humble when he was broke, that he took instructions from Samuel. But when he saw wealth and power, he turned to a tyrant. The man shaking for you now may shake your confidence when he sees a small change. Broke humility is fake humility!
4.Scripture says wise people speak in a language everyone can understand. Cor 14:19 and 1 Cor 2:4.
When you take pride in only using big grammar to speak to others, you are neither wise nor intelligent. You are communicating your inferiority complex
5. Dear men
How many women did Christ give money? Did that make Him stingy? He gave to the poor. He gave to His disciples. He fed the multitude. Prove your generosity by helping the less privileged, not by helping entitled women you’re not married to
6. Everyone is not equal. Scripture doesn’t say that. There are hierarchies in heaven and Earth. It is not humility to stay at the bottom. Do your best to move up the pyramid. Moses was meek, yet he led Israel. Christ is humble, yet He is our Saviour
7. Dear men,
God made a “companion” (some translations say helper) for Adam-Gen 2:18. God never made a wife for Adam. It was Adam who chose to make his companion his wife-Gen 2:22-23. Don’t let anyone choose your wife, or they may ruin your life too
8. God gave us hands to lift ourselves up and give others a helping hand Sadly, many people prefer to use their own hands to pray for themselves and push others down. Don’t abuse your hands and expect God to bless them. Blessed are the hands that give
9. The worst thing you can do is to go to church, listen to a pastor and believe everything he says hook, line, and sinker. Trust him. Listen to him. But when you go home, read Scripture to VERIFY that everything he said is true. Trust but still verify
10. The fastest prayer answered in Scripture is the woman with the issue of blood. No shouting or drama. She didn’t even speak. She just said in her heart and God heard. God looks for volume in our faith, not our voice. Loud prayers impress men not God
11.You pray for God to bless you daily. But you wake daily. You can see. You slept in a bed. You have clothes. You ate. Yet you never thank God. Your problem is not a lack of blessings. It is ingratitude. THANK God more and your blessings will increase
12.Man’s rejection is God’s redirection. When you understand this, you will never be depressed by rejection. Joseph was rejected by his brothers. The rejection redirected him to promotion in Egypt. Don’t NO as rejection. See it as Next Opportunity!
13.The reason your life is unpleasant may be because you are like Lot’s wife. She looked back and became a pillar of salt. Focus on the present. Plan for the future. Your life is like a car. You‘ll have accidents if you look back while driving forward
# Christian quotes by reno omokri
14. Christ spoke and common people understood him. Intelligence is the ability to communicate complex things with simple language. If you speak and half of the people who hear you don’t understand, it is you who are not intelligent, not your hearers!
15.Moses was an abandoned child, yet he ended up as a leader. Don’t let your background determine your future. It‘s called a background because it‘s in your back. If you focus on it, it will keep your back on the ground. Focus on your potential instead.
16.Are you sleepless? Then cast your burdens upon God and you will sleep. The reason you are not sleeping well is that you are not slipping your worries to the God who does not sleep and does not slip. Don’t be a slipper. Let God make you a sleeper.
FOR ME TO LIVE IS CHRIST
“For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”
Since God has decided to set you apart, He has ordained that your life from now should be in Christ. Paul, a man ordained like you, said for him to live is Christ. How can you make your life to glorify Christ? How can Jesus get the best from your life? How can Christ be seen in your life? You need to bring about a determination now that you are ordained, chosen, set apart, and selected Christ for the purpose of His service.
Power has been put upon your life and that power will prosper as long as you remain under authority. As long as you obey instructions, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. When you set your hand upon a thing, it shall prosper.
David for example, in 1 Samuel 16, was ordained and separated by God to be used. From the day the oil came upon his head and hands laid upon him, the scripture says that the Spirit of God came upon him. Whether you know it or not, the Spirit of God has come upon you for the purpose of using you and you will never fail. If you are going to live for Christ, there are things you must know. according to the scriptures. In Galatians 2:18-20, the Apostle Paul spoke about living for Christ in verse 20:
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
Paul was saying that since Christ died for him because of his former life of sin, unrighteousness, and failure, then he assumed that he was dead and therefore crucified the flesh. What will you do to live the life of Christ? You need determination. You must be determined by the anointing that came upon you. A divine ability has rested upon you and a quality has been invested into your life. It is by the anointing of the Holy Spirit, by the word of faith spoken into you, that life has entered into you. Power has entered into you. The ability has entered into you. You must allow this power to prosper. You must yield yourself so that this power can prosper. If you yield yourself to Him then the flesh will be dead.
Self-will has to die. What is self. It is that thing in you hat makes you proud. It may be your height, your beauty, the way you appear, the family you are born into, your position in life, your achievement in life, your wealth or your self-glory. Everything you see about yourself, which you are proud of, must give way.
Paul could not allow Jesus to live in him until he surrendered his pride. He said he wanted to know Jesus and the power of His resurrection, therefore the things that were glorious to him he counted as nothing. For those who have been ordained, there is a time Jesus will want to use you and your certificate may stand in the way. There are some of you that God has been calling into full-time work but you are looking at your exalted position in the office. Because of this reason, the glory of God cannot appear. Christ can not live through you until you let that office go
Moses had the throne of Egypt set before his eyes. He had been offered the crown of Egypt but he looked at it and he looked at the Hebrew slaves. He remembered the covenant of God and he preferred to be a slave so he rejected the crown of Egypt. Many years later, he received the anointing of the Holy Spirit and with this anointing, he defeated all the powers of Egypt. He would have become the Pharaoh temporarily and one day an anointed man of God would have conquered him. The position that is not allowing Christ to show forth in your life, one day, you will lose it and the glory will go to another person. Between the crown of Egypt and the anointing of the Holy Spirit, which is your choice? Paul had many things to give up. He went to the Barbarians and became like them That he may show them, Christ.
After Moses gave up the crown of Egypt, God gave him the crown of eternal life and the power of miracles, signs, and wonders like he had never given to any other person. Self must give way. There are some things God will never use you for until you humble yourself. You cannot know the greatness and the power of the glory of God until humble yourself. you
The flesh must be disciplined. Samson could not take his eyes off beautiful women. After David had conquered the whole world, Satan conquered him by sending a strange woman into his life. In spite of the wisdom of Solomon and the strength of his army, Satan sent an army of women to make his life foolish. Joseph rejected the offer of pleasure that the glory of God reserved may come up in his life. He’s refusing to yield to the pleasure landed him in jail but the great glory, the crown that was waiting for him, would not have come his way except he had gone to jail.
The temporary pleasure you receive now may deny you the eternal crown of the future but the troubles and hardship of the moment might bring you eternal glory. Joseph rejected the offer of free sex, landed in jail but came out wearing the crown of Egypt. Some men, because of possession and property, will not yield themselves to be used maximally by God. Saul could not keep his throne because of his love for possessions. He preferred to acquire property than to obey the mind of God. In contrast, Moses rejected all the offers of Egypt to receive the anointing. Abraham lost his relationship with his family to obey God. Jesus left so much in Heaven to come into a very deplorable situation on earth.
You must reckon yourself dead that Christ may be seen in you and you must rise up with Christ to live just the life of Christ. In fulfilling the pleasure of God, Paul said we are fools for Christ’s sake. It is a fool that somebody will slap on one side and he will turn the other side. It is a fool that will accept cheating and keep quiet. It is a fool that will see free sex and say no to it. It is a fool that will see easy, corrupt, and unclean way of making millions and billions and will say no. It is only a fool that will reject the crown of Egypt and identify with Hebrew slaves and be treated as a slave. All the fools for Christ’s sake will come up with greater power, glory, honor, and eternal life. Anybody who is not a fool for Christ will eventually be a fool for the devil. I prefer to be a fool for Christ than to be deceived by Satan.
Self-denial will help you to fast when you have abundant food at home. Self-denial will make you stand on your feet and pray through the night when you have a beautiful and comfortable bed to sleep on. Self-denial will make you to choose prayer meetings for pleasure meeting. If Christ must live His life in you, you must be willing to let go. If the anointing that has been put upon your life must prosper, then you must be willing to let go. There are some things that do not look sinful but they hinder the anointing. Elijah was a man of like-passion but he denied himself. Let Christ have His way in you that this anointing may prosper. If I live in Christ then when I die, I receive my eternal reward. The pleasure you give up will be paid back into your eternal account, with greater glory.
In the end, Moses was not a looser. He did not have the crown of Egypt but he had the crown of the Lord. Joseph did not accept the offer of pleasure in sin but he ended u wearing the crown of Egypt and ruled over those who sent him to jail. Samson could not refuse the offer of free sex and he ended up a blind anointed man and died before his time.
ALSO, READ DWELLING TOGETHER IN HIS PRESENCE
Love & Dating7 months ago
HOW TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF
Sex Education1 year ago
HOW TO KISS A BOY FOR THE FIRST TIME
Text Messages1 week ago
2021 I AM SORRY MESSAGES FOR YOUR PARTNER
RELATIONSHIP1 year ago
Relationship and Marriage Quotes by Reno Omokri
Love & Dating7 months ago
Obvious signs your partner is cheating with a coworker
Text Messages1 week ago
2021 LOVE CONFESSION TEXT MESSAGES FOR HER OR HIM
RELATIONSHIP1 year ago
The use of positive words around your child
Text Messages3 days ago
BEST ROMANTIC LOVE LETTERS FOR HIM OR HER