Last Updated on April 24, 2022 by Joshua Isibor
Pregnant women are usually required to cut out foods, and beverages that are considered to be unsafe or harmful to their babies. And most times, these foods or beverages are what they enjoy the Most.
Drinking red wine could be your usual habit. Pregnant women are usually advised to give up drinking red wine, while there are some women who claim that they have had no complications during pregnancy and childbirth even after drinking several glasses of red wine. This confuses many pregnant women and begs the question, can pregnant women drink red wine without facing any complications.
A study conducted in Britain showed that drinking one glass of wine a day by women during pregnancy did not in any way cause any harm to the fetus and the kids born were absolutely fine.
In fact, a relatively new experiment showed that kids of age till 7 years whose mothers drank red wine regularly during pregnancy showed better mental health development Although, heavy consumption of red wine by pregnant women is not advised as it can lead to significant developmental issues in children.
Although drinking any amount of wine during pregnancy is advised against, there are a few benefits of drinking red wine during pregnancy.
According to a study conducted in America, non-alcoholic red wine reduces the chances of cardiovascular disease. It lowers blood pressure thereby decreasing the risk of a heart attack and the chances of developing cardiovascular disease.
Red wines contain antioxidants such as resveratrol, epicatechin, Polyphenols, and proanthocyanidins. Of these, resveratrol and proanthocyanidins are mainly responsible for keeping you healthy. These antioxidants help relieve blood pressure and prevent cancerous and inflammatory diseases.
The regular and moderate consumption of red wine can effectively reduce the risks of certain types of cancers such as basal cell, colon, prostate carcinoma, ovarian, etc. Scientists used a dose of resveratrol on human cancer cells and found that it obstructs the key action of cancer aiding protein.
People still question the validity of the health benefits of red wine. However, studies have shown that regularly consuming a moderate amount of red wine, helps in the prevention of a number of diseases including heart disease, and these benefits extend to pregnant women.
- Red wine has a positive effect on hypertension and contains good anti-aging properties that help prevent wrinkles and weakness. Drinking Red wine during pregnancy helps keep the heart-healthy, and even presents heart diseases. The antioxidants in red wine also maintain the level of good cholesterol or high-density lipoprotein that are good for the heart and arteries.
- Drinking red wine lowers the bad cholesterol that may have been accumulated in your system. Bad cholesterol, when accumulated in the body, can prevent the proper flow of blood and can increase the risk of a heart attack or stroke. According to a study, the high-fiber red grapes used to make certain varieties of red wines lower bad cholesterol levels.
- PolyphenolsPolyphenols are a certain type of antioxidant present in red wines that prevent unwanted clotting by keeping the blood vessels flexible. You should keep in mind that heavy drinking could damage the heart.
- Some natural compounds found in grape skin used to make red wine controls blood sugar levels in diabetic persons. An example of these natural compounds is resveratrol. Research has shown that people who consumed about 250 mg of resveratrol supplements once daily for three months had lower glucose levels in the blood than those who did not. Resveratrol also reduces cholesterol levels and systolic blood pressure.
- Consumption of red wine during pregnancy helps to prevent overweight and obesity. The chemical compound piceatannol converted from resveratrol reduces the fatty acids and fat cells in our body. According to researchers, piceatannol, a compound found in red wines fastens the insulin receptors of fat cells which blocks the pathways required for immature fat cells to grow.
Again, consumption of red wine during pregnancy reduces the risk of depression. A study carried out on middle-aged to elderly people showed that drinking a moderate amount of alcohol regularly keeps away depression. It helps reduce nagging and gloominess in pregnant women. People who drink red wine are less likely to be depressed than people who don’t.
Research has shown that red wine positively affects the digestive system and aids digestion. The anti-bacterial nature of red wines has enabled them to treat stomach irritation and other digestive disorders. Moderate wine consumption has also been shown to reduce the risk of infection from Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium usually found in the stomach.
The antioxidants contained in red wines also treat common cold, since antioxidants protect cells against the harmful effects of free radicals which play strong roles in cold, cancer, and other diseases.
Red wine also keeps your memory sharp. According to research, resveratrol present in red wines inhibits the formation of beta-amyloid protein, a major ingredient contained in the plaque of the brains of people with Alzheimer’s syndrome.
Consumption of red wine by pregnant women has other importance. Red wine prevents anemia and improves lung function. It also helps maintain the muscles of the heart. яндекс
Red wine is important during pregnancy because it helps pregnant women relax and unwind. There is no doubt that pregnancy is an especially stressful time. The body seems entirely different, women encounter mood swings and depression. They are usually worried about the health of the fetus. With red wine, alcohol-free, pregnant women can enjoy a nice, relaxing evening, sipping on a glass of their favorite wine, without worrying about the alcoholic content.
Red wine should be consumed moderately by pregnant women as it can be detrimental to the health of the unborn child if consumed excessively.
This doesn’t mean pregnant women cannot indulge in drinking their favorite red wine once in a while. The ideally recommended volume shouldn’t be more than 1-1.5 glasses a week. It is also advisable to skip wine for 1 or 2 days in between so that there can be a sufficient gap in drinking.
Text Messages8 months ago
BEST LOVE CONFESSION MESSAGES FOR HER OR HIM
Love & Dating1 year ago
10 Simple Hack to Make a Girl Send Her Nudes
Uncategorized2 years ago
HOW TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF
Text Messages7 months ago
Best Good Luck Wishes Before and After Surgery, for Family and Friends
Text Messages7 months ago
Heart Touching RIP Uncle Quotes
Text Messages7 months ago
Freaky and Dirty Paragraphs For Him Copy And Paste Yahoo
Uncategorized10 months ago
Top 5 Lively Ideas to Resolve Compatibility Issues after Marriage
Personal Improvement2 years ago
22+ Ways On How To Build Self-Belief