THE NATURE OF JEALOUSY
Jealousy in a relationship could mean being envious, suspecting, or suspecting rivalry in love. Jealously is having a worry that one might have been replaced in someone’s affections.
There’s no way you can have peace with yourself and peace with your boyfriend or girlfriend when jealousy exists. Jealousy exists when there is a high affinity of attraction.
Jealousy is a complex emotion that encompasses feelings ranging from suspicion to fear and humiliation. It strikes people of all ages, genders, and sexual orientations, and is most typically aroused when a person perceives a threat to a valued relationship from a third party.
When I was in my previous relationship, my ex couldn’t let me be she was all over me, monitoring my movement, always being suspicious of me having an affair with other ladies because I chat with them. It was so difficult to flow with her. She never knew peace within herself. her jealously was insane.
in some cases, Jealousy can be a good sign to know he/she is in love with you Jealousy is usually natural, it’s not something we build. Everyone was born with a different trait, but we all have the ability and power to control our emotions.
These are some quotes on jealousy
Surrounded by the flames of jealousy, the jealous one winds up, like the scorpion, turning the poisoned sting against himself.” – Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
“Jealousy is a disease that if not cured, will destroy the entire humanity.”
“Jealousy is a strong emotion that can break any strong relationship.
“Jealousy brings anger and bitterness.
A person that is full of jealousy lacks confidence and trust.
A person that is full of jealousy lacks confidence and trust”
Curbing jealousy has to do with being honest to yourself first and with your partner.
8 Tips to overcome jealousy in a relationship
Fear is always the root of jealousy. Studying the way to prevent being a jealous boyfriend or female friend starts with searching at yourself.
- Stop comparing yourself to others: You are so unique in your own way. Comparing yourself to someone else is not good because you can’t get what they want.
Most times Jealousy is usually driven by low self-esteem (Low self–esteem is characterized by a lack of confidence and feeling bad about oneself). You should develop this habit by praising yourself, being proud of yourself.
A friend of mine lost interest in his relationship when he realized his girlfriend was always using her friend’s relationship to checkmate hers. When you compare your relationship, you’ll lose it one day.
- List your insecurities: what are your fears? Studying the way to prevent being a jealous boyfriend or female friend starts with searching at yourself.
What insecurities are driving your jealousy? Are you uncertain of yourself because of perfectionism? You’re now not making this list to disgrace yourself – it’s your relationship. You just have to list them down and carefully work on them.
- Believe in Your BOO: conquering anything in this life starts with belief. Be brave to stand for what you believe. Jealousy can become a psychology problem when it’s getting out of hand.
That’s why trust in a relationship is so relevant. When you trust your partner it will help eradicate any form of jealousy.
My colleague at work complained to me how she had this jealousy trait towards her partner especially when he returns from work late.
she said she always imagine her hubby hanging out with his secretary, it took me time to convince her to desist from that feeling. Always learn to build trust. It is one of the best tips to overcome jealously.
- Always run a quick meditation: Wikipedia says Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state.
Whenever you start feeling jealous your mind is aroused. It is necessary to run a quick medication.
By relaxing, doing some exercise, play songs that give you peace. You can as well play around
- Talk to your partner about it: Any time you feel jealous try to talk to your partner about it, he won’t kill you for speaking your mind. Dying in silence won’t help you. The more you speak what’s on your mind the freer you’d become. Let’s take for instance your partner came from the pub late or drunk, you don’t have to shout at him/her for not coming home. You can only complain when you are very sure he is cheating.
6. Avoid intrusion: One thing you should desist from is you secretly raiding their stuff. Such as checking their chats, emails, text message, or received calls.
Some ladies even go as far as contacting their partner’s ex. Doing that is a way of giving yourself heartbreak you never planned for.
When I was still an amateur in a relationship, I randomly check my partner’s phone to check her text messages/Whats App. believe me, what I saw wasn’t what I expected.
I saw more than 10 boys asking her out, sending her love text, sending her online top-up, I was shocked.
I never told her about this, this took me weeks for me to be at peace with myself. Your relationship partner deserves some privacy. Avoid checking your partner’s phone is one of the best ways to overcome jealousy.
7. Stop confusing imagination with reality
Jealousy or imagination is good if you use it for your own benefit but bad if it messes with your mind and emotion.
Stop trusting your imagination so much. Think about it. Your partner is home late than you thought, you start to imagine them having a drink with that her handsome colleagues at work or that curvy lady he is on an assignment with.
You get frightened and upset over your imagination, they came home and you start acting weird or cold towards them or you try to outburst anger and he/she retaliates.
8. Build a relationship based on trust
Trusting is having confidence in an individual and feeling safe with them physically and emotionally. it is something two people in a relationship can build together. A healthy relationship is the biggest joy in life.
When your relationship is based on trust, it serves as a lifeboat, anchor, and sail that keeps you afloat, secure, and filled with purpose.
Jealousy crumbles trust and respect in a relationship. Understanding how to stop being jealous in a relationship is very essential.
No matter what your partner brings, you can work on yourself to tame jealousy and create a meaningful partnership.
You can ask your question in the comment session.
Click here to read===>11 TIPS TO IMPRESS YOUR boyfriend AND MAKE HIM LOVE YOU MORE.