Last Updated on August 3, 2022 by Joshua Isibor
If you think the words you use on your children don’t affect them, then you have to think twice. The use of positive words around your child cannot be overemphasized.
Costumes and crayons littered the yellow painted room giving it a bewildered look. The kids were all stooped on their knees fascinated by the customized stars the school had bought for them awaiting their Christmas play. Sue continued to stare at the Holy Mary’s dress with uncertainty lingering in her heart. Would she be able to perform this play?
“Hey Sue, we’ve been talking about you. We think you’ll be great for the Holy Mary’s role”. Daniella her friend called out.
“You think so? ” Sue replied doubt filling her voice.
“Yes. We can be able to do anything we want, at least that’s what my parent say”. Daniella said with a shrug.
Sue was intrigued and wanted to hear more. “Your parents really said that?”
“Yes, they did. My mum told me I was awesome and amazing, and all I needed was a good dose of hard work and commitment”
Sue was astounded. Why haven’t her parents ever told her that?
Does this conversation by these nine-year-olds seem familiar? When a child is born, his mind is a clean slate, so crisp and blank. Whatever is written on it stays forever. This emphasizes the need for statements and words that will serve to build a child’s confidence. A child is naturally curious and inquisitive throughout the early years of childhood and would believe whatever is said. For most children, childhood is a confusing stage of life, he may not be able to understand why he shouldn’t run around in the house, jump on his bed, or throw a ball at his siblings. Positive words serve to guide a child’s development mentally and emotionally, training him to believe in his own self.
One added advantage of using positive and inspiring words around your child is the effects never wears off. The child will grow up believing it as long as he lives. Many people became successful by holding to the words of there parents, one great example is Dr. Ben Carson. Traumatic words bear the same effects, as a result, you should refrain from using statements like this.
* “If only you knew maths like your brother…”
* “Why did you have to have such big eyes?”
* “Your sister plays the piano better than you, why don’t you just be like her?
* “Will you just get out of my room?”
You’ll agree with me that the statements above all have something in common; they belittle one’s effort and undermines the child’s ability. Hearing such toxic statements for years can be devastating and traumatic for a child in later years to come as a result, hindering the individual from performing to his full abilities.
ALSO, READ HOW TO DISCIPLINE YOUR CHILD
Here are some amazing words and statements you can use around your child.
3. I love you and will support you always
6. You can do it.
8.”Do you need help?”
9.”If you’re having problems with maths, I’m sure it’s not because you can’t do it, you may just be using the wrong approach, let me show you.”
11. The world needs you
12. You’re so gifted and creative
13. You make me so happy.
14.”You can tell me, anything sweetheart, I want to be your best friend.”
15.”Have I told you how proud I am of you? You’re simply amazing.
16.”You’re one of the most beautiful girl on planet earth, your teeth are just one of kind
17.”You have freckles on your nose, so what? It simply makes You.
18. Reach for the Stars.
19. “Do you understand why you shouldn’t jump on the bed? Because it’s very fragile and you could hurt yourself. I’m sure you don’t want that”
20. You’re unstoppable, a force to be reckoned with.
21. You’re full of inner strength.
22.”It’s impolite to shout at your siblings, I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be shouted at. Now can you please apologize to them?”
23.”Ensure you clean your room, remember cleanliness is next to Godliness”
24. Life is so much easier with you in it.
25.”You can choose any profession dear, you’re smart enough to be whatever you want to be.”
26.No one else is like you. You’re the missing piece.
27.”Do you know why it’s wrong to litter your crayons around the house? Because you might just lose them.
There are no particular laid down rules in using positive words, therefore you can use them as much as you want and always around the child. Accompany it with a warm hug and smile and say it like you mean it. Another secret of using positive words is studying when to use them.
If your child is about to take a test or an exam, do not constantly berate him instead use words and sentences that will help him to focus on his abilities and deliver his best. Words and statements like
28. Don’t think too much, take it easy. Study hard and do your best. That is all that is needed.
29.I’ll still love you and be proud of you, no matter the outcome of your test.
30. Challenges only make you stronger.
31. You’re gifted, talented, and creative.
32. You’re a winner. Don’t quit.
33. Take a break and come back to it.
34. You can always try again.
35. You don’t always need to win.
36. Make an effort not an excuse
37. Your mistakes bring an opportunity for you to learn.
38. Not giving up is one of your best traits.
39. The view from the top is spectacular.
Sometimes your child can fall into a bout of depression or have anxiety attacks, and you may not know exactly what to do. Starting a conversation will be futile because the child is in no mood for communication. Instead, why don’t you use your words to get him (the child) to open?
40. Whatever is going on with you, I believe it’s just a phase. It will pass.
41. Life isn’t really fair all the time, but what matters is coming out stronger.
42. Don’t think too much.
43. Don’t be afraid, in time you’ll feel better.
44. I’m here for you if you need anything.
45. Everyone worries sometimes.
46. You are more than your emotions.
Using positive words help children to develop healthy self-esteem and become more emotionally balanced as adults. Understanding a child’s abilities helps to ascertain what type of words to use, thereby helping you to make a positive impact as a parent. Paying exclusive attention to your child’s needs, conversation likes, and dislikes goes a long way and can make you use positive statements like this.
47. Your hands are really quick and good at catching, would you like to try out for the baseball team?
48. You always turn to the cooking channel, would you like to help me pick the groceries next week? You’re really creative.
49. I love how you make your friends laugh. You’re my sunshine.
50. You love to speak in front of your mirror. You’re confident and bold.
So as parents begin to use positive words around your child regardless of the age. Besides, if you don’t tell them how amazing they are. Who will?
More positive words
51. You’re my rainbow. You make my world colorful
52. Follow your heart
53. You’re special
54. You’re my superhero
55. You’re unique. You mean the world to me
56. Don’t doubt your abilities. You’re able.
47. Keep trying.
48. Take it one step at a time. There are lots of opportunities for you to explore
49. Love yourself.
50. Your choices matter.
51. You matter a lot to me.
52. That’s amazing. You’re so thoughtful.
53. Don’t beat yourself up. There will be another time. Winners don’t quit.
54. I’m so grateful you’re in my life.
55. You can be a great leader by starting now.
56. Be bold and confident
57. Follow your dreams
58. Relax and have fun. Go play
59. You’re my brightest star in the sky
60. Delete negativity from your life. You’re more than that
61. Trust yourself
62. Greatness lies within you
63. Remember, all the tools you need to succeed is within you
64. Don’t beat yourself up
65. Believe in you
66. I love the sound of your laughter
67. You can ask for help
68. Your uniqueness defines you
69. You are kind
70. You are special
71. It feels so amazing to have you here with me
72. You’re more than you think
73. Greater Heights awaits you
74. Never look down on yourself
75. Be positive minded
76. You’re closer to your goal than you can imagine
77. Strive harder. The sky is your starting point
78. You have a beautiful smile.
79. Feel free. I’m here whenever you need me
80. I think about you all the time
81. Don’t be afraid
82. What you feel is normal
83. Work towards solving problems
84. If you can think it, then you can achieve it
85. Work towards making yourself better
86. Have undaunting courage
87. Your mistakes are chances to learn
88. I love seeing you work together
89. You make the world a better place with your smile
90. The greatest love of all is loving yourself
91. I understand what you’re going through.
92. Follow your heart
93. Trust your instincts
94. You’re real and genuine
95. You’re my best friend
96. I appreciate your honesty
97. Live your dream.
Text Messages1 month ago
BEST LOVE CONFESSION MESSAGES FOR HER OR HIM
Sex Education2 years ago
10 Simple Hack to Make a Girl Send Her Nudes
Text Messages2 years ago
Heart Touching RIP Uncle Quotes
Text Messages2 years ago
Best Good Luck Wishes Before and After Surgery, for Family and Friends
Text Messages2 years ago
Freaky and Dirty Paragraphs For Him Copy And Paste Yahoo
Uncategorized3 years ago
HOW TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF
Uncategorized3 years ago
HOW TO KISS A BOY FOR THE FIRST TIME
lifehacks2 years ago
What are Waist Beads? -10 Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads